Thursday 20 October 2011

We Run Things Part 1 - Women are not as Foolish as men think

Hey Blogville!

I have been taking stock of a few stories that catch my attention and compiling them to expose in my little way, the realities of our lives, both the ones that make you laugh and the ones that make you cry; plus the ones like the instant case, which show that when it comes to "running things", the women... Yes the women take the front seat.lol. Guys, you are free to bring on a debate about this to the platform (if you dare.lol)

There was a man, who had worked all his life, saved all the money he could, but still was a real miser of a man. 

Just before he died, he said to his wife...'When I die, I want you to take all my money and put it in the casket with me. I want to take my money to the afterlife with me.' (can you imagine!!!) He got his wife to promise him with all of her heart, that when he dies, she would put all of the money he ever made into his casket. But before you sit and wonder what kind of woman would be foolish enough to make such a promise, just read through to the very last part of the story.
When he died, he was stretched out in a casket. His wife was sitting there - dressed in black, and her best friend was sitting next to her to offer the necessary consolation. When they finished the ceremony, and just before the undertakers got ready to close the casket, the wife said, 'Wait just a moment!' She had a small metal box with her; she came over with the box and put it in the casket. Then the undertakers locked the casket down and they rolled it away.
So her friend said, 'Girl, I know you were not foolish enough to put all that money in there with your husband.' The loyal wife replied,
'Listen, I'm a Christian; I cannot go back on my word... I promised him that I was going to put his money into his casket and bury him with it.'
You mean to tell me you put all that money in the casket with him!?!?!?' Her friend asked in absolute bewilderment.

'I sure did' said the wife. 'I got it all together, put it into my account, and wrote him a cheque...
If he can cash it, then he can spend it. Now isn't that just a wise woman? lol
From all my ladies to our "men", just want you to know that 'we run "things", we do not allow "things" to run us" lol.

Gosh!! I am so tired, cant wait for the weekend to be here.
cheers everyone. By the way, this is not my story. It is one of the stories I am compiling for this series. A friend emailed it to me, and I thought I could share the elating feeling it gave me with you, by getting you to read it here as well. I just edited it a little to suit the present discuss.lol
Peace... I'm out.

10 comments:

  1. lol. The woman outsmarted the man. heheheheheehhe.I'm sure he wasn't counting on her thinking that way. We sure do know how to wiggle ourselves out of any situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amaka yeah, lol.

    @Che yeah right dearie, we sure know how to.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! we indeed run things, in fact there is this women's group in my church by name 'wise women', i think this woman must be a part of them.lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eagerly awaiting the series you are working on. I love it when women claim they run tings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Docia. lol, thanks for the comments

    @Think-About-It. we dont "claim", we know. Lol, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you can say that again Myne, lol. thanx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Women's sober living Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! White Linen Dress

    ReplyDelete