Tuesday 5 June 2012

Teardrops... But it is Well


Greetings Blogville,

I trust everyone is doing very well. The rains are here again and for some reason, I am wishing they fell longer than they did this morning, so I would have had a good reason to stay at home today. Call me lazy, but na my mind I de talk so o! lol. I want to say a very big thank you to all of you who shared your views and thoughts on my last post, I must say my "avid reader" must have read and advised himself accordingly.

The events of the last 4 days in Ghana and Nigeria, have left us all so bewildered. Just while we were recovering here in Ghana, from the plane crash which left a lot of casualties dead, injured and in shock, on Saturday June 2, we stood face to face with an even worse situation in less than 24 hours later in Nigeria.

Much worse, is the painful reality that some of the people in that plane that crashed at Iju, Lagos (Nigeria), are people you know, or friends and relations of people you know. People you may have heard about and are looking forward to meeting. Yet, as we thank God in all things (as this is the will of God through Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour – 1Thesselonians 5:18)

I cannot help but wonder whether or not this whole saga was avoidable. I wonder what lessons we have to learn. I think of how connected we all are, irrespective of our personal views and idiosyncrasies. I wonder what will happen to the children, wives, husbands and other family members whose lives have literally turned around, just by virtue of one event; one reckless decision, one fearful turn, one avoidable mistake, one… God help us all and keep our eyes stay on Him. And like the great words of hope which we declare with deepest faith, “This too shall pass”. I pray we all experience a deep sense of peace in God throughout this season.

May I submit to you all that, anytime you say a prayer, please remember to say one for your country and the entire world because the rate at which cannibalism is on the increase and strange things happening here and there, we can only hope and pray to God almighty that we will not be consumed. May the Lord Bless and keep us all save and sound now and forever more... Amen!

Peace... I'm out!

24 comments:

  1. ... and may the souls of all the lives lost rest in peace.
    Last weekend was just so tragic. We pray nothing of this sort happens ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. never again Efua.... @"We pray nothing of this sort happens ever" thanks

      Delete
  2. Don`t think we should be involving God in all this,maybe thats why he has his arms fold in most situations..the incident in Accra happened coz of the pilots carelessness *yes he is human so he is bound to make mistakes*,bombing by our DUMB brothers and the Iju incident also could have been avoided coz from what i gathered that particular plane has been crying for help for a while now but owners ignore the cry. we all have to check ourselves.. guess thats just it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May the departed souls rest in peace..

      Delete
    2. "from what i gathered that particular plane has been crying for help for a while now but owners ignore the cry"..... imagine that Didi, just because of greed and love for money they threw caution to the wind killing innocent people and living a lot of kids without parents and homes.
      thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  3. I'm still in pains dear.I just can't take it.I don't know anyone in the crash personally,but it feels like they're family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their souls rest in peace.
    It was avoidable.
    I have learned not to question GOD why?
    I pray that GOD will give the bereaved the strength and courage to bear their loss .sighs :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen indeed! i could have said it better myself x

      Delete
  5. Yes, the disaster was avoidable.

    We live in a fallen world generally, so there is one form of evil or the other every where we go

    ReplyDelete
  6. **sigh!!!!!!!
    this is so sad...very sad

    ReplyDelete
  7. The disaster was avoidable but we love to cut corners
    God has blessed Nigeria but we have cursed ourselves
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sad. RIP to those who lost their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have tagged you in the game of 11. check my blog. Anyway our condolence to the bereaved families.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm, its well is all I can say

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sincere condolence for those individuals who lost their loved-ones. I tend to be emotional too when it it is raining and all i wanna do is just lay down on my bed.

    ReplyDelete