Friday 4 November 2011

OMG!!!!

Hei Blogville!

I startled you with that title right?! Don't mind me jare. Was thinking of a way to get your attention, and I hope I succeeded.lol. On a more serious note, I wonder where the days are running to. I can't believe it's Friday already!

We are gradually getting close to Christmas and to the end of the year. I remember how I used to lovvee Christmas. When I was a little girl, my mum will buy me new shoes and knee socks that I would wear up to the knee, and almost feel so on top of the world. lol. I miss those good old days mehn...

I hope the year has been eventful so far, even though there's been struggles and ups and downs, I believe the Lord has kept us here for a purpose. Here is a little "something" I want to share with you for the weekend, happy reading...

One day, a rich dad took his son on a trip. He wanted to show him how the poor live. They spent time on the farm of a poor family. On their way home, the man asked his young boy, "Son, did you see how poor they are? What did you learn from our visit? the son answered and said "Dad! We have one dog, they have 4. We have a pool, they have a river. We buy food, they sow. We have walls to protect us and they have friends..."

He went on to say to his dad "Also, we have lanterns at night and they have stars. We have encyclopedias, and they have the bible." Then he concluded by saying "Thank you Dad for making me see how POOR we are."

*Lesson* The wealth we have and the riches we feel all around us is not about money. It's about simplicity and having God in our lives. So, never give up on life even when the going gets tough. Be strong and keep looking up to God. He has never failed me yet and I know He will not fail you either.
This weekend is going to be a long one and that's because Monday is a holiday here in Ghana. Lovely weekend everyone!!!

Peace... I'm out.

9 comments:

  1. I heard this illustration sometime ago and reminded me of how the grass is always greener on the other side. It just shows the subjectivity and relativity of riches and happiness. what translates and riches and happiness may not translate as such for u...
    Which is why we have to be easy on comparisons especially when it comes to achievements.

    MAke all of una and Naija pple dey enjoy Holiday o...God dey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now singing *we wish yu a merry christmas* lol
    we always have to thank God for what we have cos that is exactly what other people are wishing for

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lst quarter of the year is practically flying. But all in all, thanking God for everything!

    Thanks for your comments on my blog. Wish to follow back but your follower link isnt showing (fix it?). Will surely come back for more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year went by pretty quick.. but all in all.. God has been faithful:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @HoneyDame dont worry jare, i know you had no holiday, lol. I agree so much with you on the comparisons when it comes to achievements.

    @Luciano you can say that again.

    @Ginger will be waiting to read more comments from you. lol, you can follow now.

    @Cannime, thanks for the comments

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the yr sure ran past me but i will be sure to make the most of what is left. And the illustration def makes me thankful for the presence of God in my life and for the little earthly possessions i have.

    Lovely blog....and thanx for stopping by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very beautiful Priscy.I was blown by the story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Aseni thanks for the comments, hope to be seeing more of you here(winks)

    @A-9ja-Great thanks dearie.

    @QuaLity, thanks for dropping by my blog all the same even though you have deleted your comment.

    ReplyDelete