Tuesday 27 September 2011

My First Love

 

Hello wonderful people,

Can you still remember who your first love was? Let me see if I can remember mine. But let me first of all define what I mean by the term "first love". When I say first love, I use it in the context of the one person that made your heart beat faster or someone you used to "trip" for way back when you were much younger (I mean the very first person.lol).

Some people might associate first love, to be the first person they made love to but in this case, I am referring to the one person you fell deeply in love with but for one reason or the other, something happened and the love went sour or dead. A situation which I am going to share with you briefly.

This is my story. There was this fine guy who I used to fancy way back when I was younger. The guy's family had a shop in town and anytime my mum and I went to the market to get food stuffs for the house, she normally parked in front of their shop; and since we used to go to the market at least once a week, Mr. fine guy and I started noticing each other. (without my mother knowing a thing of course)

Unfortunately, where we stayed was a bit far from town so we only went out when there was a car available or an urgent need to. But in my case, since I met Mr. fine guy, anytime there was any need to get something from town with or without a car I volunteered to go (the sort of things we do for love.lol) 


The annoying part was that, anytime I went to town, we do not spend anytime together. We only exchange greetings and steal glances at each other, nothing more or less (a situation which has now made me believe that, you never expect people to be aware of your needs or feelings unless you tell them). So maybe I should have been bold enough to tell him how I felt since he couldn't be man enough to (Oops!!! Did I just step on some manly toes?! My bad.lol). That of course would have been at the expense of my young life, because my mum, as observant as she was, was bound to find out sooner or later, and you know what that means.lol. The exciting part however, was that seeing him alone made me happy for the rest of that day.  

It continued like this for a while until I went to town again on one of those let me call it "familiarization visits" and was returning home when it started to rain heavily, from the junction to my house too was quite a distance and oh gosh!!! I was beaten by the rain mercilessly that day. It was pathetic... You can't just imagine how soaked I was by the time I got home. The rain made the love I had for Mr. fine guy vanish immediately (reminiscing now and I cant stop laughing)

After that experience, anytime I was being sent to town, I thought of it twice, remembering how the rain dealt with me and then I'd recline. As for Mr. fine guy... Well, we hardly ever saw each other and I think the distance that was created due to the rain made our hearts grow fonder with just wishes. lol.

I can see you laughing already! So what was yours like? Maybe it wasn't the rain that ruined everything, but something else did. lol. Bring it on and let us laugh a bit. Thank you for reading. Cheers everyone.

Peace... I'm out

3 comments:

  1. Iwalewa (Beauty is in the character)29 September 2011 at 01:06

    lol awwww why didn't you just go up to him to tell him your feelings or atleast try to start a friendship kindda thing with him now... thanks for stopping by and I'm also following :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Iwalewa, lol, yeah maybe i should have. thanx for following. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwww, lwkmd sorry o! ndoh!! the rain never try for you at all.., see eh, me sef get crush for one fine borbor like that oo, but unlike you sha I got him.

    ReplyDelete